Metis Employment & Training Recruitment Success
Bison Transport – 12-20-09-014
- Intended to address the problem inexperienced commercial drivers with Class 1 licenses encounter in trying to find work, as most employers require experience
- July 2011 – March 2012 (continuous intake)
- Three spaces filled as of November 2011
- 10 positions in Bison’s NDFP, resulting in employment with Bison as long-haul commercial drivers
- 13-week training program
- Trains inexperienced drivers who have obtained their Class 1/AZ license to be safe, well-experienced, easily employable drivers.
- Includes orientation, Tatonka courses, tractor training, in-cab training, city and regional training, long-haul training, and Rocky Mountain training, as well as progress meetings, assessments, and road tests.
- Flexible program deliver to meet the learning needs of individual participants.
- MET funding: $130,000
- Contributions from Bison: training facilities, instructors, training materials, and equipment (including driving simulators and tractor/trailer units)
- Satisfactory results will prompt a subsequent Agreement following the close of the current Agreement
Read More Metis Employment & Training Recruitment Success