Metis Employment & Training Recruitment Success
It’s My Community Too – 12-20-09-012
- 15-week project begins each spring, with new crew members starting at each intake.
- Urban beautification project designed to provide training and work experience for multi-barrier clients
- operates in the North End and Elmwood
- The first crew of six ran in 2009
- Worked with trucks and equipment to help community organizations and residents with clean-up work and small building projects free of charge.
- Following 2009, both the City of Winnipeg and the MMF expanded their commitments with additional funding to help create two crews per year.
- Project is designed to teach essential skills, good work habits, transferable employment skills, and self-sufficiency through steady income.
- As clients approach the end of their work with the crew, they receive further assistance through the MMF’s Metis Employment & Training Recruitment to identify and achieve their employment goals.
- MET funding: $100,000 per crew
- City of Winnipeg contributions: $100,000 per crew
- In-kind contributions: trucks, trailers, mowers, tools, and related equipment
Read More Metis Employment & Training Recruitment Success